Transitions in the median
To realise a seamless safety concept in the median it is necessary to connect different barrier types with tested and approved transitions.
The following barrier types typically interact in the median:
- median barriers for long stretches to separate the carriageways
- obstacle protection barriers to pass obstructions like bridge piers
- MCP barriers for maintenance crossing points to realise cost efficient openings for a temporary change of the traffic flow
- ECP barriers for emergency crossing points to open the median in minutes
- bridge barriers to overpass other roads, railways or obstacles
SafeLink® & EURO-RACCORD®
With the SafeLink® series and EURO-RACCORD® series you can safely and soundly connect all different types of barriers. Transfer between DELTABLOC® In-situ and Precast Barriers and link up to numerous types of steel guardrails – reliably with DELTABLOC® Transitions.
The SafeLink® series connects precast barriers to any other barrier types.
The EURO-RACCORD® series connects in-situ barriers to steel guardrails.